WELCOME: The School Library gives you the chance to learn from select material. Check it out!
-----Application Notes ----- Dictionaries ----- Reference Links ----- Tutorials -----
- Antennas for Low Power. (pdf - 135KB)
- Antenna Design Basics. (pdf - 761KB)
- CMOS Circuits Basics. (pdf - 185KB)
- CMOS Layout Design Optimization. (pdf - 106KB)
- Digital Communications: Digital Modulation. (pdf - 548KB)
- Digital Communication Filters. (pdf - 239KB)
- Electrostatics Basics. (pdf -50KB)
- Electrostatics Principles: Electric Field, Voltage, Ohm's Law (pdf - 70KB)
- Electromagnetism and Inductance. (Word Document - 220KB)
- Filters Basic Introduction. (pdf -399KB)
- IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) Basics. (pdf - 123KB)
- Linear and Switching Voltage Regulator's Basics. (pdf - 145KB)
- Linear Regulators: Theory of Operation. (pdf - 144KB)
- Microprocessors: The PIC16F87x. (pdf - 472KB)
- MOSFET Device Basics. (pdf - 378KB)
- MOSFETS : An Introduction focusing on Power Mosfets. (pdf - 87KB)
- Operational Amplifier Basics. (pdf -195KB)
- Operational Amplifier Circuit Applications. (pdf -164KB)
- Phase-Locked Loops (PLL's) for High Frequencies: Essentials (pdf. -69KB)
- Power Supplies Fundamentals. (pdf - 121KB)
- RS-232 Fundamentals. (pdf -75KB)
- Transistor's History. (pdf - 486KB)
- Transmission Lines and Waveguides Basics. (pdf. - 611KB)
-Back to Library-Main-
- Dictionary of Acronyms : Acronyms
- Electronics and Technology Acronyms: Technology Acronyms
- Biotech's Life Science Dictionary : Biotech
- Chemistry Dictionary (Terminology) : Chemistry
- Computing Dictionary : Computer Science
- Electronics Dictionary : Electronics
- Keyword Map of the Internet: Kwmap
- Lexicon and Thesaurus on the Web: L3xicon
- Dictionary of Measures, Units and Conventions : Measures, Units and Conventions
- Online Dictionary of Nanotechnology: Nanotechnology terminology
- Internet Terms Dictionary : Netlingo
- Units: Symbols and Prefixes. (IEEE) : Symbols and Prefixes
- Dictionary of Computer and Internet Terms : Webopedia
- Other Dictionaries: Dictionary Directory
-Back to Library-Main-
- A Guide to Semiconductors - www.techlearner.com/Semiconductors.htm
A guide to all different aspects of semiconductor technology.
- Antennas Basics - www.electronics-tutorials.com/antennas/antenna-basics.htm
Introduction to Antennas. Polarization, Impedance. Basic types of Antennas.
- Basics of Electronics- www.citycom.gr/electronics/info/information.htm
Electronic Components, Ohm's Law; Voltage, Current and Resistance; Series, Parallel and
Combination Circuits, Schematic Symbols.
- Basics of AC Electronics - www.sweethaven.com/acee/forms/coursemain.asp
Excellent source for Basics of AC Electronics including AC Waveforms and AC circuits,
some background of DC Electronics is also covered i.e: RC and RL circuits.
- Basics of different Electronics Subjects - http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/g_knott/
Basics of diverse Electronics subjects: Including Electromagnetism, Circuits, Filters,
Digital Electronics, Components, Semiconductor Materials, Amplifiers and other subjects.
Includes also an Intermediate Level.
- Bluetooth Basics - www.howstuffworks.com/bluetooth.htm
An article on the basics of Bluetooth technology by How Stuff Works.
- DSP Guide - www.dspguide.com/pdfbook.htm
The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing. An online book by Steven
W. Smith. Fundamentals of DSP, Digital Filters and Applications.
- Electronic Circuits and theory. - http://www.phys.ualberta.ca/~gingrich/phys395/notes/phys395.html
Lecture Notes on Electronics subjects and circuits - AC and DC Circuits, Filter Circuits,
Diode Circuits, Transistor Circuits, Op Amps, Digital Circuits, Oscillators, A/Ds and D/As,
and Computer Circuits. (Brief but good Notes with corresponding circuits and graphs.)
- EMI Protection - www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/1167
Practical aspects of EMI protection.
- ESD Prevention and Control - www.minicircuits.com/appnote/an40005.pdf
A guide to prevention and control of Electro-static discharge.
- Filters - www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/1795
Analog Filter Design basics: An introduction.
- Flip Chip Technology - www.smtinfo.net/Db/_Flip-Chip.html
Excellent Reference links on Flip Chip Technology.
- Magnetism - http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/physics/mag
Lecture Notes on The Magnetic Field, Magnetic Forces and Sources of Magnetic Fields.
Physics Dept. at the University of Winnipeg, California.
- Microprocessors - http://digital5.ece.tntech.edu/TechLinks/Microprocessor_links.htm
Reference links to tutorials on Microprocessors, included are the Motorola 68000,
the 8051 and the 8086 Microprocessors.
- Nanotechnology - www.howstuffworks.com/nanotechnology.htm
A simple Introduction to the Nanotech world by How Stuff Works, includes examples.
- Op Amp Reference Book - http://focus.ti.com/lit/an/slod006b/slod006b.pdf
A Book on Op Amp Design including every single aspect (on a pdf file).
- PC Boards Basics - www.aracnet.com/~gpatrick/
Basic useful information for designing PC Boards.
- Physics Notes - http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/physics
Introductory Physics Lecture notes from the Physics Dept. at the University of Winnipeg(CA).
Subjects: Physics of Motion, Electricity, Magnetism, Quantum Physics, Atomic Physics
and Nuclear Physics. (brief, but clear)
- Power Electronics Introduction - http://ece-www.colorado.edu/~ecen5797/course_material/Ch1slides.pdf
Course notes to an Intro to Power Electronics by Dragan Maksimovic at the
University of Colorado.
- Radar Basics - www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/8528/intro_e.html
A good basic Introduction to the technology of radars.
- Radio Electronics - www.radio-electronics.com
Information on different aspects of radio electronics, and radio electronics components.
- Satellite Basics - www.esatcom.net/Library-basic.htm
Tutorial on Basic Satellite concepts, history and milestones, some installation guidelines.
- Semiconductor Physics Guide - www.britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm
A reference on Semiconductor Physics and lasers.
- Smith Chart Basics - www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/742
Using the Smith Chart for Impedance Matching.
- Transformers - www.radioelectronicschool.com/reading/reading18.pdf
Discussion on inner workings of a Transformer, how it is constructed and other aspects
such as voltage ratio and impedance matching considerations.
- Transmission Line Terminations Simulation - www.williamson-labs.com/xmission.htm
Simulates the effect that different Transmission line terminations have on the input signals.
Includes a matched Transmission line (load resistance = Zo), Zl > Zo and Zl < Zo.
- Transmission Line Guide - www.tmeg.com/tutorials/t_lines/t_lines.htm
Quick reference guide for some of the essentials of Transmission Line Theory.
- VLSI Systems Design - http://vlsi.wpi.edu/webcourse/toc.html
CMOS VLSI Design covering all different aspects. Applications in Multimedia and
-Back to Library-Main-
- A-Z Top Electronics/Electricity Tutorial Websites - www.techlearner.com/AzTopTutorials
- Audio Engineering - www.ee.washington.edu/conselec/CE/kuhn/audio/95x3.htm
University of Washington's Electrical Engineering Dept. (Seattle, WA) - A Tutorial
on the basics of sound and music from a physical and biological beginning to
an Engineering approach to the way sounds can be studied.
- AutoCAD Tutorial - www.cadtutor.net/acad/index.html
AutoCAD Tutorial showing all aspects of drawing with the AutoCAD software.
Examples are very good and illustrative, very detailed and well organized.
- Beginner's Electronics - www.iguanalabs.com/Begtut.htm
Iguana Labs Inc. Tutorials - Basic Electronics concepts, Components: Resistors, Diodes,
LEDs, Switches and Capacitors, Ohm's Law, Using LEDs and Transistors, Pulses, Clock
- Bluetooth Tutorial - www.palowireless.com/infotooth/tutorial.asp
Bluetooth Specifications and basics. Protocol Stack is examined.
- Capacitors Tutorial - www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/caps/caps.html
A very comprehensive description and discussion on capacitors: Types of capacitors,
different sizes, voltage ratings, units, basic physics behind them.
- D.C. Circuits Basics - www.physics.uoguelph.ca/tutorials/ohm/
University of Guelph's Physics Department (Ontario, CA) - Includes Schematic
Diagrams, Ohm's Law, Resistor Circuits, More complicated Circuits, Superposition
Theorem, Kirchoff's Current and Voltage Laws, Examples and Self Test.
- DC-DC Converter Tutorial - www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/710
Outline of different types of Switching Regulators used in DC-DC conversion.
- DSP (Digital Signal Processing) - www.bores.com/courses/intro/
Introduction to Digital Processing (DSP) - Includes Basics of DSP, Time Domain,
Frequency Analysis, Filtering and DSP Processors.
- Digital Systems Tutorials Part I - www.eelab.usyd.edu.au/digital_tutorial/toc.html
University of Sidney's School of Electrical and Information Engineering- Includes
Intro to Digital concepts, Number Systems and Codes, Logic Gates and Boolean Algebra.
- Digital Systems Tutorials Part II - www.eelab.usyd.edu.au/digital_tutorial/part2/hpage.html
University of Sidney- Includes: Flip-Flops, Counters and Registers.
- Digital Systems Tutorials Part III- www.eelab.usyd.edu.au/digital_tutorial/part3
University of Sidney- Topics: Sequential Circuits, Flip Flops, Counters (more advanced than II).
- Filters Tutorial - www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/733/ln/en
A Tutorial covering all different aspects of Analog Filters.
- Laser Tutorial - http://members.aol.com/WSRNET/tut/ut1.htm
A Tutorial on lasers including the Physics behind them by Web Science Resources.
- LCD Technology Tutorial - www.ee.washington.edu/circuit_archive/text/LCD.html
A good introduction tutorial on LCD Technology.
- Math Basics Tutorials - www.physics.uoguelph.ca/tutorials/tutorials.html
University of Guelph's Physics Dept. (Ontario, CA) - Includes the following basic Math
subjects: Algebra, Trigonometry, Simple Functions, Oscillating Functions, Logarithms and
Graphs, Vectors, Unit Conversions.
- Matlab Tutorial - http://web.mit.edu/olh/Matlab/TOC.html
Tutorial on Matlab by Athena Consulting Services Online. Very clear and complete.
- Matlab Tutorial Basics - http://amath.colorado.edu/scico/tutorials/matlab/
Another Tutorial on Matlab by the University of Colorado at Boulder: Basics, Image
Processing, Linear Algebra and Programming.
- Microcontroller Tutorials: 8052 and compatible - www.8052.com
Tutorials on the 8052 Microcontroller, also 8051 and the DS80C320.
- Op Amp Tutorial - www.meridianelectronics.ca/gadgets/741/741.html
A Tutorial on the Operational Amplifier with emphasis on the 741 IC Op Amp.
Applications such as Instrumentation Amplifier, Detector, Comparator circuits included.
- Oscilloscopes Tutorials - www.tek.com/Measurement/App_Notes/XYZs
Tektronix's Guide to using the Oscilloscope.
- PCs : Parallel Ports - www.ctv.es/pckits/tutorial.html#parallel
Tutorial on Parallel Ports settings and usage.
- PCs : Serial Ports - www.ctv.es/pckits/tpserie.html
Tutorial on Serial Ports settings and usage.
- PCs : Joystick Ports - www.ctv.es/pckits/tpjoystick.html
Tutorial on Joystick Ports settings and usage.
- PCB Design Process - www.aracnet.com/~gpatrick/intr_toc.html
Tutorial on PC Board Design including all relevant steps and basic useful information.
- PCB Design and Production - http://airborn.com.au/method
Design of a circuit board including all aspects from Product specification to building
prototypes, testing and product release.
- Physics Basics Tutorials - www.physics.uoguelph.ca/tutorials/tutorials.html
University of Guelph's Physics Department (Ontario, CA) - Includes the following basic
Physics subjects: Torque and Rotational Motion, Free-Body Diagrams, Simple Harmonic
Motion, Dimensional Analysis and Significant Digits.
- PLCs Tutorial - www.plcs.net/contents.shtml
The basics of PLCs by PLCS.net: History, operation and applications.
- Programming Tutorials - www.programmingtutorials.com
Tutorials for Assembly, C/C++, Java, Perl, SQL and more.
- Radio: Amateur Radio Tutorial - http://my.integritynet.com.au/purdic/electronic-basics.htm
Tutorial on the basic electronics knowledge required for radio amateurs.
- Semiconductor Device Principles - http://ece-www.colorado.edu/~bart/book/book
University of Colorado- B. Van Zeghbroeck. All or mostly all about Semiconductor
Device Principles including some high-level material. Mosfets, MESFETS, Bipolar
Transistors, Diodes, LED's.
- Smith Chart Tutorial - www.sss-mag.com/smith.html
Tutorial on the Smith Chart- used for Transmission Line problems. Includes a
downloadable Chart in pdf format.
- Solid State Physics - http://www.ite.mh.se/~hasse/solid.html
An advanced tutorial on some aspects of solid state physics, including Crystal structures,
Bandgap in semiconductors, lattice vibrations, and electron transport.
- Stepping Motor's Basics - www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/step
A Tutorial on Stepping Motors by a Faculty at the University of Iowa's Computer
- Technology Basics - www.technologybasics.co.uk
Technology advice for the novice, including computers, printers, MP3 players, TVs, digital
cameras and camcorders, cell phones and games consoles.
- Television's Basics (Analog TV) - www.ee.washington.edu/conselec/CE/kuhn/ntsc/95x4.htm
University of Washington's Electrical Engineering Dept. (Seattle, WA) - An Introduction
to Analog Television including visual principles and Color TV.
- The 555 Timer - www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/555/555.html
A Tutorial on the 555 Timer/Oscillator IC. Circuit operation, possible applications and
testing the 555 Timer IC. Done by same person who sponsors a Circuits for Hobbysts Page.
- Transformer Tutorial - www.ibiblio.org/obp/electricCircuits/AC/AC_9.html
A Tutorial on Transformers covering all different aspects and also including SPICE
Simulation samples that detail the circuit's operation.
- Transistors - www.williamson-labs.com/480_xtor.htm
A set of Tutorials on all different transistor basics: Different configurations, biasing, feedback
Output and input impedances, coupling and Miller effect.
- Transmission Lines Principles - www.tpub.com/neets/book10/41.htm
Fundamentals of Transmission Line Theory: Transmission line model, Characteristic
Impedance, Wave Propagation along a Transmission Line, Standing Waves.
- Web Development Tutorials - www.w3schools.com
All kinds of Web Development topics are covered.
-Back to Library-Main-